About Meet Professor Rajesh K Sani
South Dakota Mines
Departments of Chemical and Biological Engineering & Applied Biological Sciences.
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology (SDSMT)
501 E. St. Joseph Street, Rapid City, SD
h-index (Scopus and Mendeley, as of July 2021)
Summary of Main Accomplishments
- Total funding generated (42 projects*) = $48.1 million (PI: $7,593,500)
- Peer-reviewed Publications = 101)
- Total citations = 3511 (Scopus and Mendeley, as of July 2021))
- Books edited/Co-edited = 9)
- Lab manual (Biochemistry) = 1)
- Book chapters published = 32)
- Edited special issues in research = 10 (Bioresource Technology, Frontiers in Microbiology and Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, MDPI Microorganisms) )
- Invention disclosures = 11)
- Presentations at Various Institutions and National and International Meetings (over 250))
- Keynote talks = 7)
- Current Students, Research Scientists, Interns, and Visiting professors (Total = 22) Taught 15 different courses (6 courses were new and developed by me) in SDSMT and several short courses and workshops in Indian and Chinese universities)
- International activities: Signed 7 MoUs with Indian universities to establish - staff exchange and collaboration; joint research activities and publications; dual degree bachelor programs; student exchange program; and online undergrad and graduate courses)
*These 42 projects were funded by various federal and non-federal agencies e.g., National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Defense (DoD) - Air Force Civil Engineer Center, The United States Geological Survey (USGS), Governor Office of Economic Development South Dakota, Nelson Foundation, Government of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc., KL Energy, and The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) etc.
- D., Environmental Biotechnology. Institute of Microbial Technology (National Laboratory), Punjab University, Chandigarh, India, October 1998.
- MS, Biotechnology. Major in Enzyme Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya University, Indore (MP), India, July 1993.
- BS, Non-Biology. Major in Mathematics, Meerut University, Meerut (UP), India, September 1990.
B. Professional Experience and Training
- 2018 – Present Professor, Departments of Chemical and Biological Engineering & Chemistry and Applied Biological Sciences, SDSMT, Rapid City, SD
- 2012 – 2018 Associate Professor, Departments of Chemical and Biological Engineering & Chemistry and Applied Biological Sciences, SDSMT, Rapid City, SD
- 2006 – 2012 Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, SDSMT, SD
- 2005 – 2006 Associate Director, WSU/NSF Center for Multiphase Environmental Research, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2005 – 2006 Teaching Faculty, School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2002 – 2005 Assistant Research Professor, School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA