About Meet Professor Rajesh K Sani
South Dakota Mines
Departments of Chemical and Biological Engineering & Applied Biological Sciences.
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology (SDSMT)
501 E. St. Joseph Street, Rapid City, SD
Summary of Main Accomplishments
- Total funding generated (42 projects*) = $48.1 million (PI: $7,593,500)
- Peer-reviewed Publications = 101)
- Total citations = 3511 (Scopus and Mendeley, as of July 2021))
- Books edited/Co-edited = 9)
- Lab manual (Biochemistry) = 1)
- Book chapters published = 32)
- Edited special issues in research = 10 (Bioresource Technology, Frontiers in Microbiology and Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, MDPI Microorganisms) )
- Invention disclosures = 11)
- Presentations at Various Institutions and National and International Meetings (over 250))
- Keynote talks = 7)
- Current Students, Research Scientists, Interns, and Visiting professors (Total = 22) Taught 15 different courses (6 courses were new and developed by me) in SDSMT and several short courses and workshops in Indian and Chinese universities)
- International activities: Signed 7 MoUs with Indian universities to establish - staff exchange and collaboration; joint research activities and publications; dual degree bachelor programs; student exchange program; and online undergrad and graduate courses)
*These 42 projects were funded by various federal and non-federal agencies e.g., National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Defense (DoD) - Air Force Civil Engineer Center, The United States Geological Survey (USGS), Governor Office of Economic Development South Dakota, Nelson Foundation, Government of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc., KL Energy, and The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) etc.
- D., Environmental Biotechnology. Institute of Microbial Technology (National Laboratory), Punjab University, Chandigarh, India, October 1998.
- MS, Biotechnology. Major in Enzyme Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya University, Indore (MP), India, July 1993.
- BS, Non-Biology. Major in Mathematics, Meerut University, Meerut (UP), India, September 1990.
B. Professional Experience and Training
- 2018 – Present Professor, Departments of Chemical and Biological Engineering & Chemistry and Applied Biological Sciences, SDSMT, Rapid City, SD
- 2012 – 2018 Associate Professor, Departments of Chemical and Biological Engineering & Chemistry and Applied Biological Sciences, SDSMT, Rapid City, SD
- 2006 – 2012 Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, SDSMT, SD
- 2005 – 2006 Associate Director, WSU/NSF Center for Multiphase Environmental Research, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2005 – 2006 Teaching Faculty, School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2002 – 2005 Assistant Research Professor, School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
C. International Activities
List of selected credentials
Contributions to the Discipline or Profession
Contributions to the Community-at-large
E. Awards and Fellowships
F. Professional Affiliations
G. Reviewing Activities
H. Collaborators (Past Five Years):
Co-Author, Collaborator, Co-Editor, Graduate Advisor & Postdoctoral Sponsor, Thesis Advisor & Postdoctoral Sponsor